Water-borne resin is a new type of resin system, in which water replaces organic solvent as dispersing medium. It fuses with water to form a solution, and then evaporates with water to form resin mold data. Water-borne resins are not water-borne resins themselves, but membrane data obtained by evaporation of water.
Waterborne resins include three categories: water-soluble polymers, super absorbent resins and water-borne coatings, which are new fields of polymer science developed in the 1970s. Because it has a series of unique and irreplaceable functions, with the continuous development of scientific research and production, the industrialization of products has now formed an independent industry, which belongs to the field of fine chemical industry. Waterborne resins have been listed as the key points of chemical industry development for many years because of their extremely wide use and high added value.
Uses of waterborne resins:
Substitute for the use of solvent-based products in various fields. Waterborne polyurethane, as a representative, can be widely used in coatings, adhesives, fabric coatings and finishing agents, leather finishing agents, paper surface treatment agents and fiber surface treatment agents.
(1) Building decoration. Including floor paint, elastic paint, building exterior wall paint, furniture and wood paint, water-based interior wall paint (product homogeneity is serious, product models and functions are similar, many similar enterprises.
(2) Industrial coatings. It includes industrial paint, vehicle paint, anti-corrosion paint, water-borne metal paint, metal surface treatment (polishing), water-borne plastic paint (widely used in the field of consumer electronics products), etc.
Water-borne resin advantages:
(1) Environmental protection: Waterborne coatings use water instead of organic solvents as diluents, so they do not contain toxic chemicals. (In the past, dispersing media were organic solvents, which contained toxic substances. It took at least several decades to evaporate and clean thoroughly, which had a great impact on the intellectual development of infants and unborn children. Among them, "free TDI" also had the risk of carcinogenesis.)
(2) Reducing fire risk: Contrary to the flammability of solvent-based products, water-based products are non-flammable and can effectively reduce fire occurrence.
(3) The characteristics of waterborne coatings after film formation: high adhesion with substrates, excellent corrosion resistance and chemical resistance of cured coatings, small shrinkage, high hardness, good wear resistance, corrosion resistance and excellent electrical insulation.
(4) Super absorbent resin (water retaining agent) series to maintain water effect.
The article originated from Jiangmen Waterborne Resin Factory: http://www./
What is the synthesis process of water-borne resin?
Water-borne resin is an organic polymer material relative to oil-soluble resin. Usually there are water-borne acrylic resin, water-borne alkyd resin, water-borne epoxy resin, water-borne silicone re
What problems will Guangdong water-borne resin face in developing market
1. Rising raw materials: In recent years, the rising price of crude oil has made the production cost of solvent-based coatings enterprises increase continuously, getting closer and closer to the cos
General Knowledge of Jiangmen Water-borne Resin
Because of the pressure of environmental protection, the use of oily products has been restricted in leather processing and manufacturing, automobile interior decoration, and many other complex area
What are the properties of resins for waterborne coatings?
The types of resins used in waterborne coatings are basically similar to those of plastics, fibers, rubber and adhesives, but most of them are thermoplastic polymers with low molecular weight. Becau